Join Our Lived Experience Network
Do you have lived experience of suicide or self-harm?
Be part of a pioneering project to give a voice to those who have experienced suicide or self-harm, their friends and families, and anyone affected.
We invite you to join the Lived Experience Network (LEN) which is for:
- Those that have previously harmed themselves or have had thoughts or ideas of harming themselves.
- Those who have previously attempted suicide or who have experienced suicidal thoughts.
- Those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- Family & loved ones who support someone who experiences suicidal thoughts.
- Anyone who has been affected by self-harm and suicide.
- People from a variety of geographical areas and diverse cultural backgrounds.
Why should I get involved?
- To have your say in what services and activities are needed in your area around self-harm and suicide prevention.
- To meet like-minded people.
- Training is available to improve your self-confidence, look after your mental health or develop skills to support someone else who might be struggling.
- To have your say in what else the LEN could do to support those who need it.
How can you help?
There are different ways you can get involved:
- Reading and commenting on proposed strategy documents.
- Attending focus groups.
- Attending the NO MORE Suicide Partnership Boards or task groups or local meetings.
- Taking part in specific workshops to influence particular pieces of work.
How and when you get involved is up to you.
Who runs the Lived Experience Network?
Wirral Mind co-ordinates the Lived Experience Network on behalf of the NO MORE Suicide Partnership.
Wirral Mind has an excellent track record and over 50 years experience in providing services to local communities with mental health problems and learning disabilities. Wirral Mind’s services have developed in direct response to unmet needs and are free and open to all.
How you can join?
For more information about the Lived Experience Network download and read the Information pack below:
To register to join the Lived Experience Network please read the information in the pack above and fill in the Expression of Interest Form and the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form. Return your forms to the email address below.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0151 512 2200